Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"My name is Feronia and I've been taken back to 1981..."

Wild, wild weather here at the moment. In other parts of the country, it's unseasonably warm but here, unseasonably cold and windy. Power blackouts are predicted for later today and tomorrow so don't be surprised if the Wood falls a little silent for awhile! As an antidote to the bleak weather and as an extension of my current enjoyment of Ashes to Ashes, here's a little bit of the Nolan Sisters on Japanese tv in 1980. I loved the Nolans, especially this song! Does anyone else remember them? And so early 80s...the haircuts, the jumpsuits, the slightly-lame-but-still-catchy tune! I can just imagine Gene Hunt (Ashes to Ashes) having a secret groove to this! And You Tube - what a font of the long-forgotten! I've also been tuning in there for Bucks Fizz and Adam and the Ants while watching the trees blow...

2 comments:

themagicalbean said...

Haha I love their jumpsuits! The song is really great. Nice lyrics. :)

Feronia said...

Isn't it fabulous!