Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ode to Autumn

The first day of March and summer is definitely on its way out. The air is noticeably cooler, the skies begin each day overcast, the cardigans have come out of the wardrobe and the birds are milling anxiously around the yard to be fed, rather than sitting languidly in the shade avoiding the glaring sunshine. I can't say I am especially sorry. I am not a fan of summer as you know - it's too boisterous a season for me here in Australia. I love the colours of the rustling leaves and the gentle afternoon sun of Autumn. They say you are most inclined towards the season in which you were born, and so it is for me. What's it like where you are?

10 comments:

librarygirl said...

I LOVE AUTUMN!
Love it!

Feronia said...

It's beautiful, isn't it!

T. said...

I was born in midwinter, but I don't like it very much. It's too cold, I'm crap at ski and always slip on the icy ways.
Autumn is my favourite, too :-)

Feronia said...

Maybe the theory doesn't quite work, then! I'm a crap skiier too...!

Bodecea said...

It's a sunny early spring day - warm in the sun and cold when the wind blows. I love autumnm, too, but the older I am the more I am longing for spring after the long winter...

Beanie Mouse said...

Hello!! Your name was drawn as the winner of my prize draw!! Please can you email me your snail mail address? My email is listed under my profile thingy...

Diana Kennedy said...

Autumn is definitely also my favorite season.
Right now I'm enjoying the first impressions of spring, but I know the excitement of the first signs of autumn, too! Enjoy!

Feronia said...

@ Bodecea & Diana -

Spring is also a favourite of mine - another beautiful, mild 'in-between' season!

Pina said...

I like spring from May on and I love summer.

It is still cold here, around zero, and it seems this week the sun will shine. At last! I am really fed up with winter this year and I can hardly wait it gets warmer (at least 15 degrees C).

When is your birthday? :)

Feronia said...

@ Pina -

Hope you see some sunshine!

I'm a March 15 baby :)