Friday, September 11, 2009

For the cold-necked amongst us

My neck warmer is complete! Now, I do not profess to be one of the world's great knitters. This is the first knitted piece I have ever made for myself and sure, there are some dodgy stitches in there, but I like it and it does its job. It's so warm! It fits snugly around my neck so that I can stay toasty when I am wearing collarless jumpers or long-sleeve t-shirts, I love the green and the buttons are some gorgeous Japanese ones a dear friend gave me for my last birthday. Orders for the Feronia Neck Warmer are now being taken! (just kidding...)

Have a lovely weekend. The weather is warming up here - 25 degrees celsius tomorrow! - and I'm going to get my weekend off to a good start by sharing Japanese Bento boxes (yum!) with my family tonight.

5 comments:

Wurst Semmel said...

I'm nothing short of impressed. My knitting skills are non-existent unless you count the scarf that starts off with 30 stitches, goes up to 45 and ends up with 10. Also, good at knitting holes. Not sure this would add much to my resume.

Pina said...

Lovely! I would order one, if the wool wasn't so itchy to my skin. Yes, the colder seasons are approaching here and I started to wear neck kerchiefs and cotton shawls. I am not really looking forward to this cold part of a year, I admit...

Feronia said...

Thanks for your encouraging words, Wurst Semmel and Pina! There are some ugly knitting moments in there, WS, I can assure you, but I figure I am only really going to wear it at home or partially hidden by a large coat if I wear it out...!

JessicaLeighLaLou said...

That's so cool! I'm thinking about learning how to knit. I love your piece! :)

Feronia said...

Thanks Jessica. It was really easy and it keeps you warm :)