Friday, April 15, 2011

In Stitches (Sorry)



I have so enjoyed stitching these two little embroideries the last couple of days. I've been inspired by http://tinyhappy.typepad.com/tiny_happy/ and the Japanese embroidery book I picked up in Sydney (sorry - title is in Japanese! I have no idea what it says).

I have also been knitting. I have finally managed to teach myself the purl stitch thanks to the wonderful Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches but Moss Stitch, which I have also attempted, continues to elude me. Does anyone know how to moss stitch?

As my husband said, "It's lovely to make something yourself, isn't it?"

8 comments:

librarygirl said...

I struggled with moss too!
Found the solution by googling ( can't remember now what the trick was), my early attempts look like ribbing.

Feronia said...

I'm not quite sure *how* you'd describe my early attempts...! Thanks, I'll google.

T. said...

When I was a Teen, I once stitched Flowers all over my Jeans. Maybe I'm not to old to try that again ;-)
Your work is inspiring.

Feronia said...

Thanks Sefarina :) I've found that I really enjoy embroidery - and I hated sewing class at school!

Stardust said...

Beautiful pieces gal! I love stitching too, not the complicated ones of course. Just therapeutic. :)

Feronia said...

Thanks Stardust! Yes, it is good therapy, isn't it :)

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I think yor orfly clever.

Nose hugs!

:@}

Feronia said...

Aww, thanks Bob! Nose hugs back to you!! :)