Thursday, October 7, 2010

Handmade



I have been having some fun fiddling around with my new(ish) camera and the computer. The photo on top looks to me like something from a hyper-exaggerated Willy Wonka world with its bursting colours while the second one looks like an old photo to me - 60s or 70s - taken on a Polaroid. My husband thought it looked like something taken on another planet!







I have to show you this beautiful neck adornment made by my grandmother (I think) many, many years ago. It's made of black beading to look like (I presume) the popular Victorian material, Jet. Having said this, I wonder if it isn't in fact older since my grandmother was not even an embryo, let alone making jewellery in the Victorian age! I'll never know for sure now but I found it languishing in an old tin in the sleep-out. I now have it on display on my dressing table.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Wow, I wish I had a sleep out to find long forgotten treasures in! Melisinka x

Feronia said...

Thanks for stopping by, Melisinka! Yes, there are some long-forgotten delights in there...