Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Simple Pretty, Pretty Simple

I was very pleased with how this turned out. I bought a rubber stamp at a craft shop on the weekend for $3 and completely on a whim decided to stamp it onto some calico 'pudding cloth'. I really like how it looks! I'm going to stamp a large piece of cloth now (this was my sample!) and wrap some edible goodies I bought from Ikea for my parents in it. I think I might have a go at making my own stamps over the break. Does anyone else make their own rubber stamps?

5 comments:

Max said...

the design really suits that cloth doesn't it. what sort of ink did you use? you reminded me i have some small pieces of lino; and some lino cutting tool i found down the oppy ages ago to have a go at making a stamp...i was planning to just draw my design on then lino then slice it out it my usual make-it-up-as-you-go-along manner. i look forward to seeing yours x

Feronia said...

It's actually just regular, non-toxic stamping ink for card-making etc. Probably wouldn't stand up to being washed, I'm thinking. I love lino-cuts. I'm thinking of the old 'cutting a shape into an eraser' trick and seeing how that works. Let's share results x

Pina said...

Once I made a rubber stamp and it worked fine. There's a Hand carved stamps tutorial at Geninne's blog if that's any help for you.

Bodecea said...

I have sometimes made potatoe-stamps, using it with liquid cloth-coulour on cloth or with water-colours on paper...

Feronia said...

@ Pina -

Thanks! I'll go over and check out her blog.

@ Bodecea -

Good idea. Do you use clothing dye?