Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gentle Spring

Pussy Willow, picked on a Sunday drive to Warrandyte

Spring is starting to show itself. The front garden is beginning to bloom with all of its lovely self-sown flowers (they are the children of plants my grandmother planted many moons ago) and the air is warm and sweet. As it gets noticeably warmer, I have to remind myself not to fear the hot summer days that will follow Spring, but to enjoy what is here right now.

A trip to the op-shop this morning yielded treasure in the form of three Beatrix Potter books - The Tale of Ginger and Pickles, The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes and (of course) The Tale of Peter Rabbit. I bought them to sell online, but now I'm not sure if I can part with them. That's how our house has ended up full of books!

This is such a pretty song. I thought you might like it. 

8 comments:

T. said...

I feel the same about books. Once I have them I just can't let go again. Summer is nearly gone around here. Nice to know it's just moving to you for a bit. :)

Feronia said...

We'll keep it safe for you until next year, Sefarina :)

librarygirl said...

I love Beatrix Potter.
Our boy could recite all of Jeremy Fisher when he was about 4.

Are you watching the last ep of Broadchurch soon?
Waiting here impatiently to gaze on the gorgeous one.
and thank you for the virtual hug yesterday . Mwah.

Feronia said...

I didn't watch Broadchurch, no. I tried the first episode but it just didn't work for me. My parents watched it religiously though, and were very shocked by the ending. Were you?

You're very welcome :) Hope things are looking a little brighter this week.

trishie said...

Well said, my friend. Don't worry about the hot summer just yet and enjoy beautiful Spring! Have a great week ahead x

Feronia said...

Thank you Trishie! I hope you have a beautiful week too x

librarygirl said...

S and I were HORRIFIED by the final ep but in fact she guessed the killer by episode 2. It was very gruelling and I know several people with younger children who were sickened by it. I loved it though - I do read a lot of this genre so possibly less sensitive.

Feronia said...

Very tough viewing by the sound of things. Perhaps something in common with the Scandinavian shows in this genre - The Killing etc.?