Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday musings


Has anyone read this book? I have just borrowed it from the local library having eyed it off in bookstores for some time and been too skin-flinty to buy it. I fancy myself as something of a writer (!) but I want to do more and I find myself coming up against "but I don't feel like writing anything today" and "I've got nothing to say", so I figure I may need to approach matters from another angle. First tip she gives is writing three pages on anything every morning. Should be easy enough...!


Just been for my deep tissue massage at the physiotherapist's. To cut a long story short - ow. Ow, ow, ow, ow. How can my back still be so sore after four months? The masseuse suggested I am not doing enough "home care" in between massages and so she recommends long, hot baths. Sounds awful :)
Happy weekend to you.

3 comments:

Bodecea said...

The best against aching back are regular exercises. Hard, ugly exercises. Yoga and back gym. Sorry to say so!

Thank Goddess I haven't any problems with my back ;-).

Bodecea

Mrs Mac said...

Oooo deep tissue massage is what my left shoulder needs! I have a knot the size of a large tomato there.

I THINK I picked that book up at the book fair last year.... if so it is skulking on a bookshelf somewhere.... must go and investigate. Not at the moment though. I am under a cat.

Feronia said...

@ Bodecea -

I am doing my pilates twice a week and I think that's slowly starting to strengthen my back...fighting against 37 years of sloth!

@ Helena -

Yes, you need a massage by the sound of things! You're under a cat?!...how're you typing? :)