Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogtober Day 1...Apple Goodness

So, here we are, day 1 (for me) of Blogtober...can I blog every day for a month? We'll see... Why don't you join in? Details are here - http://tinniegirl.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-time-to-play-music-its-time-to.html

----------------------------------

On the weekend, amongst other things, I made this rather unusual item. Touted as a 'honey nut cake' it kind of ended up a little different...

1 cup dried apple (chopped)
2 cups hazlenuts (chopped)
1.5 cups of honey
4 eggs

Combine. Spread out into a circle on a large tray. Bake at 175 degrees celsius for fifteen minutes.

It didn't quite work for me so we are currently eating it as a very tasty topping for yoghurt. I can also imagine it in a pie or as crumble topping. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!

No comments: