Friday, November 25, 2011

Comfy

Thank you so much for your great suggestions for making a more handmade Christmas. I also found this terrific list on Facebook put together by Pip Lincolne - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/notes/justb/edible-christmas-gifts-to-make/228936923840028 I am not a great fan of Christmas for various reasons so I am thinking (and hoping!) that approaching it in this way - with a little bit of crafty goodness - might just be enough to perk it right up for me!

Does anyone read the English Woman's Weekly? My grandmother read it religiously and even had a copy put aside for her every week at the local newsagency. I used to love looking at all the amazing cakes and spectacularly complicated but beautiful jumpers when I was a child and a lot of my early reading was of The Robin Family serial (it's about a family of robins, surprisingly). Lately I seem to be finding vintage copies of it around the place and I've quite fallen in love with it.

From comfort reading to comfort viewing, I watched The Royal last night for the first time. I had dismissed it previously as nothing more than Heartbeat set in a hospital but it is really quite good (and Wendy Craig is the matron, Butterflies fans!). Very nice, satisfying telly and that, sometimes, is just what one needs.



What's been comforting for you this week?

4 comments:

Max said...

Reading Anne of Green Gables, I'm up to Anne of Windy Willows, and eating Fry's chocolate cream!

Feronia said...

Sounds very comforting :) Fry's chocolate cream...mmm :)) We used to get Fry's chocolate bars here but I don't think you can anymore...

Pina said...

Sunshine and blue sky! :)

Feronia said...

Hooray - you've had some sun at last!