Friday, May 31, 2013

Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel



The entry stone at Newgrange, Ireland. Newgrange is a Celtic temple, built in approximately 3200 B.C.
Image from Wikipedia

I am in the mood to make at the moment. I've got a sewing basket sitting on the living room floor brimming with 'to do' and 'to finish' projects, a knitting basket with the beginnings of shawl in it, made from the lovely wool I found when we were in Beechworth and I bought a gorgeous piece of what I think may be Liberty Lawn fabric at the op shop yesterday which I hope will be just big enough for me to make a tunic top from - if I can master my fear of my sewing machine.

There are so many little projects on the go, in fact, that I don't know where to start and if I don't make a concerted effort, I'll end up doing nothing, with a bad case of option paralysis!

I am also obsessed with spirals right now and I am trying to incorporate this current fascination into a few new bits and bobs for my Etsy shop. If you want to get spiraling too, I would highly recommend any of Aidan Meehan's books on Celtic spirals. Fabulous.  

I'll keep you posted on my various crafting doings.

Have fun, friends x

2 comments:

T. said...

Why not hold a raffle, with all projects written down, and you just pick one and have to do that first. That's how I do my housework XD

Feronia said...

Nice idea, Sefarina :) I think I'll try it for the crafting and the housework too!