Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Winter is here

Image from flickr

Winter is upon us. It has poured with rain today, there is a biting wind, the house is dark and grey clouds are scudding busily across the sky.

As always though, I have lots of lovely indoors things to keep me busy, not least of all taking a little break from the epic that is A Game of Thrones and indulging in a bit of girly vintage reading. I think I may have mentioned Carol Ann Pearce before. I read (and loved) We're in the Sixth a while ago and I've also rediscovered St Kelvern's Launches Out (the sequel) on my shelves. Lots of cosy fireside chats over tea and crumpets. Just my speed.

Being the very sensible gels that I'm sure the St Kelvern's quartet were, I'm certain that a little bit of bad weather wouldn't have put them off getting outside for some good, bracing fresh air...

But it does put me off!!

So, my question is, what do you do to keep a little bit physically active in the colder months?

4 comments:

Bodecea said...

In Germany we say: "es gibt kein schelchtes Wetter, nur falsche Kleidung" - "there is no bad weather, only wrong clothes"...;-)

Best
Bodecea

Feronia said...

That's a positive way of looking at it, Bodecea - I like it! :)

Max said...

Growing up in england it was always raining-even in summer, so you learn to enjoy the feel of rain on your face, freezing ears and watery eyes and relish coming indoors to a well earned fire, bath or hot drink x

Feronia said...

You see - I've had too much of the good life here in sunny Australia! That's a great, positive way of looking at it too, Max. Thanks :)