Friday, April 30, 2010

Every time I think of you

A little bit of music to finish the week. I loved this song, "Bizarre Love Triangle", when it was released first by New Order in the 80s. My friends and I would go to each others' houses with our favourite music clips on VHS tapes (ahem) and inflict our (often vastly different) musical tastes on each other. I played the New Order version of this so often that everyone else eventually refused to watch it.

Yesterday, you-tubing while I did some translations for an article I'm writing, I discovered this beautiful, beautiful, beautiful version of the song by Frente, an Australian band of the 90s who have sort of disappeared now. I loved New Order's dance version in the 80s but this gentle acoustic rendition now speaks to me much more.

Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Diana Kennedy said...

Sounds very good!

Feronia said...

It's nice, isn't it :)