Friday, September 23, 2011

In the Candle's Glow

We ate Elizabethan style again last night. Mince meat, a few cloves, a sprinkle of nutmeg, a little salt and pepper, chopped-up dates, sultanas. Next time I think I would serve it on a bed of rice or cous cous and perhaps add a little sauce of some kind but it was still very tasty and quite different to the tastes we usually have too.

We ate by candlelight, and listened to a CD of traditional Viking-era songs that I bought in Copenhagen. Really nice. Good to step out of the ordinary now and then.

4 comments:

Pina said...

Wow, I wouldn't mind if someone asked me to join a dinner like that! :)

Feronia said...

If only you lived a little closer, Pina!

Stardust said...

I'll be missing candlelight dinner for many years from now I think. That CD sure makes a good souvenier! Enjoy the intimacy.

So glad that Spring is going your way, Autumn is surely coming my place.

Feronia said...

Absolutely, Stardust - we should always appreciate things while they're there because you never know when they'll change - but they often change into something different, but just as good - as in your case :)