Monday, June 29, 2009

New Hobby






I have decided to improve my photography skills and I am sure that you, as regular visitors to my blog, can understand why! I would really like to get a better understanding of the things my digital camera can do and to really be able to express something in a photo rather than 'this is a...' or 'that is a...' Having said that, I still reliant on my dodgy little mobile phone camera when I want to take something quickly. The black and white effect is interesting, I think, and the photo of the 60s building looks pleasingly (to me!) like it was taken when that building was new (if you just ignore the car window with the modern aerial on it in the foreground...oh and all those modern cars out the front of the building...perhaps my digital photo editing skills need some work too!)

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

I know little or nothing about photography, but if your camera's obejctive admits filters, try taking black and white photos with an orange one, namely of coastal scenes.

Best regards,

José

Feronia said...

Thanks Jose, I'll give that a try.